Re: Strange behavior of C-u in the presence of sit-for in p-c-h

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: Strange behavior of C-u in the presence of sit-for in p-c-h
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:19:06 -0400

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe the problem is that `this-command-keys' has several potential uses and
> they are incompatible: in one case one wants this-command-keys to list the
> keys the user has typed (independently from whether or not some of those
> keys were later read&unread&reread&reunread&rereread), whereas in the other
> one wants the exact key-sequence which triggered this command, so we can
> push it back on unread-command-events to force re-interpretation of
> those keys.

Given that the code has been around for 8 years, changing it at this
point in the release process might be a disaster.  It's not even clear
to me what TRT is in this case.  I suggest leaving the current
behavior as it is for Emacs 22; any user-level Lisp code that bumps
into this can quite easily work around it by checking if this-command
is eq to universal-argument.

Then maybe we can revisit this issue after the release.  WDYT?