Re: url-retrieve may cause hang

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: url-retrieve may cause hang
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 01:12:34 -0400

    I have attached my first attempt.  There are two problems with it:

    - DNS lookups are still synchronous.  It seems we would need an
      external library like GNU adns for that.

That means it fixes only one problem out of two.  But it would
still be useful.

    - There is no protocol for letting the callback know that retrieval
      failed.  Without this patch, the caller would immediately get an
      error, but now the error is signalled in the sentinel.  One solution
      would be to introduce an :error argument to the callback, similar to
      the :redirect one.

Is that too risky for now?