Re: Gnuclient vs Emacsclient

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Gnuclient vs Emacsclient
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 06:42:21 -0400

      As near as I can tell, you all appeared to wrestle
    with adopting gnuserv and abandoning emacsserver about six years ago.

I wanted to do this, but it came at the wrong time; and then there was
the security issue of the feature of feeding arbitrary expressions to
Emacs.

How have people dealt with this question?

    Left to my own devices I am inclined to pick one of the gnuserv variants
    and get it working within the current Emacs CVS tree and then retire
    emacsclient/emacsserver.

It might be good to do this, but we have to make sure that whatever version
we use, was written only by people we have papers from.