Re: Keybinding nit

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Keybinding nit
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 15:07:46 +0200

>     C-x 4 0 and C-x 5 0 are not at all symmetric, and C-x 4 0 is not
>     really intuitive.
>
>     Maybe one should rather have C-x 4 k and C-x 5 k for killing both
>     buffer and window/frame?
>
> Since C-x k reads a buffer name, I would expect C-x 4 k to
> read a buffer name also.

Well, I wouldn't (there are quite a few keybindings where "k" just
kills something).  And since neither C-x 0 nor C-x 5 0 kills a buffer,
I would not expect C-x 4 0 to do it, either.

It all boils down to what feels more natural and expected.  Of course
that is a matter of personal taste, and I like to think my taste is
not too far out here.  Other opinions?