Re: Bug Database?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bug Database?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:01:15 +0200

> From: Frank Schmitt <address@hidden>
> Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 09:04:55 +0200
>
> Which results in the fact that gdb is since years completely unusable
> for C++ programs relying on templated functions (so basically all C++
> programs which aren't just pimped C).

That's because the GCC developers don't care a bit about having their
newest and hottest features being debuggable with GDB.  GCC leaves an
abysmally inadequate record of its program transformations in the
debug info, which GDB then needs to unlock somehow.  In some
situations this is very hard, in others it's plain impossible.

But I fail to see how all this digression is relevant to Emacs and its
bug tracker.