Re: Bug Database?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug Database?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 02:06:48 -0400

    Only significant bugs that can't be immediately fixed need to be entered,
    although it wouldn't matter if others were too as they can easily be closed.

I agree that "enter bugs if not fixed immediately" would give results,
but it still takes work.  Who wants to do this work?

    You could just see it as an additional tool.  As a start why not just ask
the
    Savannah Hackers to turn on the bug tracker for Emacs?  Then people who
want to
    use it could file bugs there, and you could keep your own record in
    FOR-RELEASE.

This much would be easy to do.  Would this result in having some bugs
in the bug tracker and other bugs reported on bug-gnu-emacs?

If we did not systematically enter the emailed bug reports into the
bug tracker, would confusion result?