Re: Bug Database?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Bug Database?
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 04:20:41 -0400

     > If gdb had a leader who said "we don't ship broken code", gdb developers
     > would be at annoyed because their favorite new feature of which they are
     > proud and fond isn't released to the public and would eventually sit
     > down and fix it, just as it happens in Emacs.

    This is armchair advocacy.  I suspect that the fix isn't as easy as you
    suggest, but if you feel that strongly about it, you could work on a fix.

He did not say anything about the amount of work required.  Whether it
is easy or hard affects what the project leaders need to do, but
either way they should exercise leadership to get it fixed.