Problem in python inferior mode in unicode-2 branch

From: aaditya sood | आिदतय सूद
Subject: Problem in python inferior mode in unicode-2 branch
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:12:17 +0530

Hi,

[If this is not the right place to report bugs in cvs versions, I apologize]

I'm running the emacs-unicode-2 branch. When I use run-python the tab
completion is broken.

Example:

  import os
  os.<Tab>

it just hangs and pressing C-g throws an error:
  NameError: 'name nil' is not defined

After digging around for a while, it seems the problem is in
python-symbol-completions which calls python-send-receive like:

 (python-send-receive
      (format "emacs.complete(%S,%s)" symbol python-imports))

python-imports is 'nil':
 (defvar python-imports nil

which is supposed to be set by python-find-imports, but which never
seems to run.

Just doing a (defvar python-imports "None"

works for me. Don't know if this is the proper way to fix it.

regards
--
/A