Re: cperl + isearch + font-lock-multiline sometimes very slow

From: Klaus Zeitler
Subject: Re: cperl + isearch + font-lock-multiline sometimes very slow
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 10:37:53 +0200

    Chong> I managed to reproduce the bug, and figured out the problem.  If
    Chong> ps-print is already loaded, cperl-init-faces is called when

Odd dependency. Just out of curiosity (if it isn't too complicated), what was
the reason?

    Chong> cperl-mode.el is loaded instead of when cperl-mode is run. However,
    Chong> cperl-init-faces assumes cperl-font-lock-multiline is correctly
    Chong> set, which is normally done at run-time; otherwise, it supplies the
    Chong> incorrect font-lock keywords.  I've checked in a fix.

Works great now, stealth fontification is now below 3% CPU. Many thanks.

Martin, I guess I don't need to try your patch? If you still want me to try
it, let me know.

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             address@hidden  |
---
When I get real bored, I like to drive downtown and get
a great parking spot, then sit in my car and count how
many people ask me if I'm leaving.     -- Steven Wright