Re: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:01:32 +0200

> From: "Drew Adams" <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 11:35:12 -0700
>
> Suggestion for after the release -

Suggestions for improving the docs don't need to be postponed until
after the release, since docs changes can never screw the program.

> What I would suggest is that the documentation be beefed up a little, to
> help users understand these critters better. I'd like to suggest that these
> topics be dealt with in a tutorial or user-guide manner, with examples to
> help people learn what these critters can look like and how to use them.

Adding tutorial is always a good idea, IMO, but the problem is that
too few people ``in the know'' know how to write good tutorials and/or
have enough time to do the job.  Volunteers are welcome, as always.