Re: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:44:24 +0200

David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

> Nick Roberts <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> My aim is to stop `the real thread' as I don't find it appropriate
>> to continually suggest tasks, especially complex ones for after the
>> release, when you have no intention of doing them yourself.  In my
>> opinion, its a distraction for those who are contributing.
>> However, I'm sure Richard won't agree with me, as the convenience
>> of developers seems to come last on his list.
>
> If it is convenient not to hear about useful improvements, I would
> share that sentiment.

Well, I can't make sense out of that last sentence, and I am its
author.  Probably was supposed to be something like "If `convenient'
is supposed to be synonymous with "not wanting to hear ideas about
useful improvements", I would join Richard when he happened to not
agree to bowing to convenience.

Maybe moving on is harder for Drew than for most developers here,
since his principal contributions _are_ suggestions and so he has
little else to move to.