Re: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 13:42:24 -0400

    There are a few fundamental data structures that Emacs uses that are quite
    complex and variable in form. I'm thinking of things like keymaps (including
    menus), font-lock-keywords, and faces/text properties.

I did a lot of work on the keymap documentation in response
to your last suggestion.  Is there any part of it which is
still insufficient?

I think the documentation of font-lock-keywords is complete.
I agree it is hard to grasp, but I don't know how to make
it clearer.  Does anyone else have an idea?

As for faces and text properties, they are veryu simple structurally.
They are just plists.  What aspect of them do you find complex?