Re: undo-kill-buffer

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: undo-kill-buffer
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:43:25 +0900

Aaron Maxwell <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi, Does anyone know of an existing emacs function that will undo a
> kill-buffer command?  So like, if the user issues C-x k and then suddenly
> decides it was a mistake, they could just M-x undo-kill-buffer to get it
> back.

Do you notice this happening often (that you mistakenly kill a buffer)?

I've certainly done such a thing before, but I think not very often, to
the point where I just lump it in with other random dumb things I do
occasionally.

[One problem with the idea of saving killed buffers is memory it would
consume -- saving to temp files seems too heavyweight for rarely needed
functionality.  I suppose one could limit the number of undoable
buffer-kills, and perhaps more importantly, only save the contents of
killed buffers under a certain size (my impression is that very large
buffers tend to be programmatic output and the like, and maybe less
valuable in some sense).]

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.