Re: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: tutorial or guidebook text for some complex topics
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:03:05 -0400

    I was suggesting more user-guide material or a tutorial - something along
    the lines of the Emacs-Lisp Intro (but short).

The place for such material about keymaps is in the Lisp manual.  What
concepts about keymaps do you think need further tutorial explanation?

        I think the documentation of font-lock-keywords is complete.
        I agree it is hard to grasp, but I don't know how to make
        it clearer.  Does anyone else have an idea?

    Yes, it is probably complete. I was speaking only to the hard-to-learn part.

    The best help is provided by walking a reader through examples. Examples are
    the place to start. Again, see the Emacs-Lisp Intro for a good presentation
    model.

Can you find a few examples in the code that you think would be good for
explaining this?