Re: [Martin Ebourne] Re: Small fix to configure.in in CVS

From: Yidong Chong
Subject: Re: [Martin Ebourne] Re: Small fix to configure.in in CVS
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 16:54:02 -0400

Could you explain in greater detail what the problem in the existing
configure.in is, and how your change fixes it?

The problem I had was that I was building to a prefix directory that included the word 'linux'. The emacs configure was preprocessing the Makefile through the C preprocessor, and this was substituting 'linux' to 1, thus making all the paths invalid.

I can't reproduce this:

mkdir ~/linux
cd emacs
./configure --prefix=/home/cyd/linux
make
make install

Compilation and installation proceeds as expected, with the emacs executable
installed in to /home/cyd/linux/bin, etc.