Re: Patch: overstrike/bold in Windows build

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Patch: overstrike/bold in Windows build
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:44:00 +0200

On 10/26/06, Ben North <address@hidden> wrote:

When overstriking to simulate a bold font, the display is often/usually
slightly garbled.  The first character of an output string then gets its
leftmost column doubled, but the rest just shifts rightwards one pixel.

Is this the same problem shown here:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-01/msg01232.html
? If so, I'm gonna be a very happy chap.

Reproduction of the problem might be tricky since it relies on a
particular font set-up.

I have no problem reproducing the bug, I see it every day on my
laptop. I'll try your fix later today and report.

--
                   /L/e/k/t/u