Re: Customization problem

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Customization problem
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 09:33:40 -0400

    `customize-save-variable' will invoke `custom-save-all', which will
    flush all the customizations.  If some of the customizations (or
    worse, all of the customizations) are not loaded when invoking
    `custom-save-all', they will be wiped out.

We could prevent this if we could detect whether all customizations
(if any) have been loaded, and set a flag.  Then we could make
`customize-save-variable' give an error if the flag is not set.

The question is what criterion to use.  Loading of the init file
with no errors?