Re: Pretest

From: Giorgos Keramidas
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 00:11:14 +0300

On 2006-10-27 13:59, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
> With Richard's agreement, I've bumped the version number to 22.0.90
> and rolled a pretest tarball.  The tarball can be found at
>
>   ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-22.0.90.tar.gz
>
> Since Leim has been merged into Emacs, there is no separate
> leim-22.0.90.tar.gz (I'll update admin/make-announcement to reflect
> this).
>
> Since this is the first Emacs 22 pretest tarball, it would be nice if
> people could take a look and make sure there are no problems building
> from, before we think about making any pretest announcement.

Compiled successfully, installed and running fine as my editor for this
message and as another, X11 instance (with Lucid widgets) on:

    $ uname -a
    FreeBSD gothmog.pc 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #1: \
    Mon Oct 23 13:35:35 EEST 2006     \
    address@hidden:/home/build/obj/home/build/src/sys/GOTHMOG  i386
    $

I haven't tried a GTK+-enabled build yet.  It should be easy to do this
early tomorrow morning too.

Thanks again, to all the people who brought this Emacs version to us :)

- Giorgos