Re: Pretest

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:13:36 -0400

    The question is, who do we announce the pretest to?

I have a list of pretesters that I send the announcement to.  I keep
it in sync with emacs-pretesters, but I don't send the announcement
_to_ that mailing list, because that would tend to lead everyone to
mail all their statements of success or failure to the list as well.
People should use that list only when they have a specific reason to
do so.

I have not updated the list for a few years.  I should do it now,
but we can announce the first pretest before updating it.

      If not, I think we should just
    make a public announcement about the availability of the pretest
    tarball on the Gnu Emacs webpage.

We can do that too.