Re: Port of Emacs client / server programs to Windows NT

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Port of Emacs client / server programs to Windows NT
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 09:56:56 +0100

Neil Roberts wrote:
Granted that is true, so there would be no harm in leaving TCP support
and presumably implementing it for the Unix build as well. However as
the current default is to use named pipes and TCP sockets aren't even
implemented under the regular Unix version surely that implies that
the preferred solution is to use Unix domain sockets?

It may solve another problem on w32 too. The software firewalls jumps in if you are using TCP. As far as I understand it this will not happen with pipes (but I am not sure).

Can't w32 pipes have access protection on them too?