Re: Large changes in emacsclient

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Large changes in emacsclient
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 10:30:28 +0100

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

>> I did not approve installing those changes now, and it seems like a
>> mistake to have installed them.  Since they have broken compilation
>> for at least one user, I think they should be removed, for now.
>> They can be installed again later, after the Emacs 22.1 release.
>
> There was an agreement among other people (including myself) on the
> list that installing this before the release would be a good thing
> -- to fix the current mess with (various versions of)
> gnuclient/gnuserver.
>
> The reported build problems with emacsclient should be fixed now.

That's what I remember, too, and I very much agree that it would be a
bad idea to release Emacs 22.1 without a working emacsclient on
Windows again.

And that's even though I don't use Windows myself (but maintain a
package that is, among others, used by Windows users).

Please lets stick to the previous decision.