Re: Crash force-deleting the only frame

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Crash force-deleting the only frame
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 17:35:50 +0100

Chong Yidong wrote:
"Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:

On 11/1/06, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

The sit-for isn't necessary;

emacs --eval "(delete-frame (selected-frame) t)"
I know. I added it to be sure the frame was fully created and
displayed before trying to delete it.

Okay, I looked at this, and now I'm not sure there's any bug.  If you
specify an --eval command-line arg that deletes the only frame, what
else could Emacs possibly do other than abort execution?  "Fatal error
(6)Aborted" is an abort; it's not really a crash.

It could behave the same way it does as when you execute this code in the scratch buffer (after just starting with emacs -Q).