Re: Crash force-deleting the only frame

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Crash force-deleting the only frame
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 18:20:51 +0100

On 11/1/06, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:

Okay, I looked at this, and now I'm not sure there's any bug.  If you
specify an --eval command-line arg that deletes the only frame, what
else could Emacs possibly do other than abort execution?  "Fatal error
(6)Aborted" is an abort; it's not really a crash.

There are two behaviors: in one, killing the only frame exits Emacs.
The other one produces an abort.

For example, with a one-line .emacs.el containing just

(ido-mode)

I get a crash with "M-: (delete-frame nil t)" when there's a .ido.last
file, a normal exit where there is none.

So, something's happening.

                   /L/e/k/t/u