Re: Recent changes to add-to-list

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Recent changes to add-to-list
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 23:43:21 -0500

    I have the impression that it was added while trying to fix the fact that
    `pushnew' caused CL to be loaded at runtime.  Since then we've found another
    fix (by adding memql), which should make the COMPARE-FN arg of add-to-list
    unnecessary, so we should just remove it.

Since it was implemented some time ago, there is no reason to remove it.
The feature could be useful for other cases.