Re: raise-frame doesn't work in Fedora Core 4

From: Chip Coldwell
Subject: Re: raise-frame doesn't work in Fedora Core 4
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:46:24 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006, Kenichi Handa wrote:

In the emacs-pretest-bug list, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote:

I did them in the Fedora Core 4 platform.  Since `raise-frame'
does nothing in this platform, I'm trying to advise it to be
replaced with `delete-frame' and `make-frame' as follows:

That `raise-frame' didn't work was a life-and-death problem for
me.  For instance, I couldn't make the Emacs frame (which was
existing but was lowered behind the other frames) pop to the
front using `C-x 5 b'.

I haven't been able to locate a bug for this in bugzilla.redhat.com.
I'm coming late to this thread -- did you try the emacs-22.0.90
pretest?  M-x raise-frame works for me on Fedora Core 5 with this
version.  I've built some test rpms for FC-5 and FC-6 and put them
here:

http://people.redhat.com/coldwell/bugs/emacs/176171/

Chip

--