Re: CVS Head: building info fails using MSVC on WinXP (nmake)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: CVS Head: building info fails using MSVC on WinXP (nmake)
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 22:05:07 +0200

> Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:11:44 +0530
> From: dhruva <address@hidden>
>
>  I am building Emacs on WinXP using MinGW (GCC) and MSVC. The build of
> info files in the MSVC build. The makefile has a "cd $srcdir" in which
> "srcdir=.". This translates to "cd .". "nmake" (gmake/make used in
> MSVC) does not seem to like that. It gives an error and comes out. I
> removed that statement (cd $scrdir), everything works file.

Thank you for your report.

However, could you please show us which portion of what makefile has a
"cd $srcdir" in it?  I cannot find it anywhere with today's CVS.
Perhaps you've caught a makefile.w32-in during a short period where a
wrong change was installed there a few days ago, before it was
reverted; in that case, please resync and try again.