Re: Pretest

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 02:08:20 -0500

    It's identical: I did both builds from the same account, just mkdir'ed
    a subdirectory, chdir'ed there, unpacked the archive and built it.

We hope it is identical, but it would be useful to verify that
by adding printenv statements just before the invocations of ld.

If the difference isn't due to arguments and isn't due to the environment,
it must be due to something in the file system.