Re: Emacs and GFortran

From: Steve Kargl
Subject: Re: Emacs and GFortran
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 12:43:18 -0800

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 10:22:22PM +0200, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> If I were Alfred, I'd hesitate to submit a patch, given the attitude
> of several GFortranners.  That attitude is so hostile that I'd suggest
> to talk to the steering committee about it.

Sigh.  Two patches to fortran/error.c have been proposed.
Both patches cause a significant number of failures in the
gfortran testsuite.  Don't suggest a patch is trivial and
turn a blind eye to the problems that it causes elsewhere.
Someone has to fix the testsuite failure.  That someone is
usually the person whose submitting the patch.

--
Steve