Re: gfortran error format (was: Re: Emacs and GFortran)

From: Brooks Moses
Subject: Re: gfortran error format (was: Re: Emacs and GFortran)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 00:21:09 -0800

Richard Stallman wrote:
    If someone wants to propose a complete patch (against subversion
    mainline) that works, regression-tests fine, please send it and it
    will be reviewed like any other patch.

A change to make GFortran comply with GNU standards should be reviewed
for correctness, of course, but not "like any other patch".
Maintainers should keep in mind that this is a problem that needs to
be fixed.  If users don't provide a suitable patch, the maintainers
should procure for one to be written.

Well, most of the other GFortran patches are also for problems that need to be fixed. :)

In any case, I believe that the patch I checked into the GCC mainline a few hours ago fixes the important parts of this particular problem, and you should find that the error messages are now properly parsable without special treatment. If that's still not the case, please let me know.

- Brooks