Re: filling inside minibuffer behaves poorly

From: Gregory Stark
Subject: Re: filling inside minibuffer behaves poorly
Date: 02 Nov 2006 19:27:32 -0500

> I can see why the result is inconvenient for your application, and I
> can see how to make it give results that are good for you.  What I am
> not sure is whether we should consider it generally wrong.

I understand your concern and I'm sure I'm in a pretty small minority with
this problem. But the more I think about it I can't think of any situation
where you wouldn't want this behaviour. After all minibuffer prompts are for
inputing text that's going _somewhere_ and the prompt isn't going to be going
with it.

> Do you like the results that this patch gives?
> It changes M-q in all minibuffers.  We might instead want to
> change M-q only for particular minibuffer inputs.

It works perfectly for my use.

--
  Gregory Stark