Re: Emacs and GFortran

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs and GFortran
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 14:45:53 +0200

> Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 23:20:32 +0100
> From: Paul Thomas <address@hidden>
> Cc: Steve Kargl <address@hidden>,
>       address@hidden, address@hidden,
>       address@hidden
>
> Hostility, such as it is, has been triggered by the hectoring attitude
> of those who have crept out of the woodwork to add their halfpenny worth
> to this thread; none of whom have contributed to gfortran, as far as I
> know.

If this paragraph does not have hostility written all over it, then
perhaps I don't know what hostility is.

FYI, those who ``crept out of the woodwork'' did so only _after_ the
complaints about the non-standard error messages were met with clearly
hostile attitude and ``NO'' responses.  Perhaps you missed that while
reading the long thread, with some messages out of order due to mail
delivery delays.

> I rather think that the steering committee would support the
> gfortran maintainers, were it to come to that.

If it is really important to you to know, we could start a discussion
with them.