Re: install error on Mac OS X

From: Randal L. Schwartz
Subject: Re: install error on Mac OS X
Date: 03 Nov 2006 11:08:37 -0800

>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Stallman <address@hidden> writes:

Richard>     My configure line is merely:
Richard>            ./configure --prefix=/opt/emacs --without-x

Richard> Why is --without-x needed?
Richard> Should we make that automatic, for MacOS builds?

It may be leftover legacy.  I know I needed it early on to build a carbon app
instead of an x app.

It's probably good to bias the default as a carbon app, and then requrie an
explicit switch to make an X app.

<address@hidden> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>