Re: Mac - why no proxy badge for dired mode?

From: Benjamin Riefenstahl
Subject: Re: Mac - why no proxy badge for dired mode?
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 15:16:49 +0100

Hi Randal,

Randal L. Schwartz writes:
> Wow.  In a dired buffer in Carbon Emacs, I just executed the
> following:
>
>         (setq buffer-file-name ".")

I had to try this out ;-)

> And it did exactly the right expected useful thing: a badge was
> created that represented the current directory,

Actually it seems to represents the parent directory, not the actual
directory shown.  Which is logical, with an ordinary file, you would
expect "." to mean the parent directory.

> and I could command-click on the title bar to see the filepath to
> the directory and select parent directories.

But when I select a directory from that drop-down it gets shown in
Finder.  I'd want it to show up in dired, of course.

It seems this whole feature is not really thought out yet, even for
files.

benny