mouse-1 on minor-mode lighter in mode line could bring up the minor mode

From: Drew Adams
Subject: mouse-1 on minor-mode lighter in mode line could bring up the minor mode's menu
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:41:58 -0800

For consideration after the release:

Mouse-1 on a minor-mode lighter in the mode line does nothing special - it
just runs `mouse-drag-mode-line'. When a minor mode has its own menu, why
not display that for mouse-1, just as we do for major modes?

---

[Note: This is a different suggestion from what was discussed in thread
"mode-line major and minor mode help text and bindings" of 2006-04-29. The
part of that discussion that concerned minor-mode menus was about mouse-3:

]