Re: Mac - why no proxy badge for dired mode?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Mac - why no proxy badge for dired mode?
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 13:00:02 +0900 (JST)

>> and I could command-click on the title bar to see the filepath to
>> the directory and select parent directories.

> But when I select a directory from that drop-down it gets shown in
> Finder.  I'd want it to show up in dired, of course.

Opening with Finder is the default behavior of WindowPathSelect().
And it is nontrivial task to change the behavior in an Emacs way of
menu handling.  I doubted it's worth doing while the next release was
approaching when I added this feature in May.

> It seems this whole feature is not really thought out yet, even for
> files.

Actually I thought of the use of dired, but if this functionality is
useful, then it should be (and can be) implemented in a
platform-independent way, like pop-up menu from the mode line.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden