Re: install error on Mac OS X

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: install error on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 18:14:46 +0900

> If the usual case on the Mac is to use Carbon and not X, it seems to
> me that Emacs should ALWAYS use Carbon when built in the default
> way.

I'm not sure which is the usual case.  Users of precompiled binary
packages might be dominant among the Carbon-version users.

> To use X should require a specific option.

What should we do for the case that --with-x-toolkit (or other
X-specific options) is specified without explicit --with-x or
--without-carbon?

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden