Re: Switching to Subversion

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Switching to Subversion
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:20:03 +0100

> Before considering use of subversion for Emacs I would have to use
> it for something else, to see what it is like.

IIRC, TeXlive switched to it from a proprietary version control
system, and they experienced performance and/or bandwidth issues.  Now
TeXlive is a project with a _vast_ number of small files, probably
lots more than Emacs.

Maybe Karl Berry can report some of his experiences since he is, IIRC,
involved with TeXlive.