Re: CVS commits and logs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: CVS commits and logs
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:44:35 -0500

    Not only would using CVS only be a lot more work (it's not something I
    want to do), but it _would not fix the problem_.

Please explain why not.  Your previous message said the problem
results from use of arch.  Are you now saying that a similar problem
happens when CVS is used to merge one branch into another?

If so, please describe the scenario and the problem.

Remember that we are talking about merging the unicode-2 branch
into the trunk.

    If somebody has a concrete suggestion, by all means give it.  I've made
    one (adding CVS tags to allow doing the the necessary "indirection"
    without worrying about arch), which I think is imperfect, but certainly
    a workable solution.

I do not understand what that means.  I am not an expert on CVS.
Please explain to me the solution you proposed, and what problem
it is supposed to solve.