Re: emacsclientw

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: emacsclientw
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:44:19 +0530

Hi,

On 11/13/06, Juanma Barranquero <address@hidden> wrote:
On 11/13/06, dhruva <address@hidden> wrote:

> Once I associate the file extensions to open
> with emacsclientw, I do not want to keep getting the message in the
> minibuffer area warning about clients...This did not happen with
> gnuclientw.

emacsclientw is like emacsclient. If you don't pass --no-wait (or -n),
it *will* wait, so the message in Emacs' minibuffer is justified. If
you don't want the message, run emacsclient(w) with -n !

I could do that if I run it from a shell or dos prompt. If I double
click on the explorer to open the file, I cannot pass that extra
parameter. When I open multiple files 9also through ctags), it can be
rather tiresome to keep pressing 'y' to all the messages. The default
key bound to "server-edit" requires 4 key strokes (C-x & S-5 to get #)
and can be cumbersome too (though I can write a small lisp function to
check if the buffer is from server and decide to call the
corresponding kill buffer).

Also, I am seeing a strange behavior. I associate a file extension
'.C' to run emacsclientw.exe. With no Emacs running, I double click on
a '.C' file from explorer. It launches Emacs (with the splash screen).
I go to the buffer containing the file I have opened and close it and
do not see any message in the minibuffer. I double click on another
'C' file and open it. When I close the second file, I get to see the
message. This seems inconsistent.

-dk

--
dhruva (dk)
Contents reflect my personal views only!