Re: Switching to Subversion

From: Bruce Stephens
Subject: Re: Switching to Subversion
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 12:38:41 +0000

address@hidden writes:

> Miles Bader writes:
>
>  > "Juanma Barranquero" <address@hidden> writes:
>  > > Does it run on Windows?
>
>  > Less flippantly:  almost certainly, using cygwin.
>
> I wouldn't be so sure until you've actually tried.  I went looking
> for it recently (not exhaustively, but seriously) and all I could
> find were threads from ca. Nov. 2005 about git not really working
> with either Cygwin or MSYS.  NB: I was looking for a prepackaged
> version; it may very well build and run for a hacker willing to work
> around quirks.

I found the same information, I suspect.  However, now I look again I
find this <http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/WindowsInstall> which sounds more
encouraging.  (I guess if Mercurial really can incrementally import
and export git, then that might be an OK workaround, since I believe
Mercurial's better supported on Windows.)