Re: emacsclientw

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: emacsclientw
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 23:20:39 +0000

Juanma Barranquero wrote:
Yeah, but I don't think that belongs to emacsclient. I think that
should be another application; perhaps the "launch emacs" app that
Jason has started.
Actually, I think the functionality I was trying to provide is covered by ALTERNATE_EDITOR and emacsclientw.exe, so I don't see any point in my extra app any more. The solution is probably to improve the ALTERNATE_EDITOR handling to recognise Emacs as a special case, or at least delay exit until the spawned editor is done.