Re: emacsclientw

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: emacsclientw
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 08:18:39 +0100

I just re-confirmed. "emacsclientw.exe" launches emacs if it is not
running. I have built the whole stuff using MSVC on WXP.

Just the way I would like it. Reading the latest message gets me a bit
scared: one of the nice things with gnuserv/gnuclient/gnudoit on
Windows is that Emacs is started if it is not started already.
Splitting this into two different clients seems no good, IMHO. Trying
to get collegues to use Emacs is hard as it is, they barely accept
using gnuclient(w).exe (they wonder why they just cannot associate the
emacs exe directly with certain file types without getting multiple
copies running).

My 0.2 Euro.