Re: Emacs and GFortran

From: Brooks Moses
Subject: Re: Emacs and GFortran
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:09:09 -0800

Nick Roberts wrote:
Brooks Moses writes:
> The attached only-slightly-less-trivial patch should fix the > regressions, although I have not yet tested it to confirm that.

I guess I'm pushing my luck with current feelings, but would it be
possible to add the column number?

FYI: I just committed a patch to the GCC 4.2 and 4.3 branches that provides column numbers in the error messages. The format is as per the following example:

     ~/temp/>gfortran hello.F
     hello.F:3.6:

write(*,) 'Hello!'
                1
     Error: Syntax error in WRITE statement at (1)

- Brooks