Re: Patch to allow -nw to runemacs on w32

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Patch to allow -nw to runemacs on w32
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 21:05:27 +0100

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 14:44:25 +0100
From: Lennart Borgman <address@hidden>

In some situations you may want to be able to use the -nw option with runemacs.exe.

What are those situations?  We cannot judge the importance of applying
this patch without knowing when the current behavior is an annoyance.

The situation where I thought the current behaviour was a problem was when specifying --alternate-editor to emacsclient. If the user for some reason (which I might not understand ;-) wants to run emacs in a console, and this should be started through the use of --alternate-editor then the simplest way (from a user perspective) to get this working might be to do something like

   set alternate_editor=runemacs.exe -nw

If my patch is applied of course. Otherwise the user just gets into the trouble we discussed before (hidden emacs or a crashing emacs).