addtorecent.py (was: Recent documents: Emacs and GNOME integration)

From: Stuart D. Herring
Subject: addtorecent.py (was: Recent documents: Emacs and GNOME integration)
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 15:34:20 -0800 (PST)

More from Davis' old work files: in response to this message from Richard,

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2006-05/msg00943.html,

"Yes.".  I believe it is reasonable to implement that
(http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~pz215/files/addtorecent.py) with xml.el, at
least if the output support in xml.el is enhanced a little bit.  (In many
practical cases it would be easy with the current xml.el.)  My first, very
small, step in that direction was a patch in a recent message of mine;
I'll work on the more substantial changes to xml.el and the add-to-recent
function at some point soon (bug me if nothing happens).

Davis

shipping.