Re: A very strange thing about Emacs working with flyspell!

From: zhaohs
Subject: Re: A very strange thing about Emacs working with flyspell!
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:23:27 +0800

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 12:04:59PM +0900, Kenichi Handa wrote:
> In article <address@hidden>, zhaohs <address@hidden> writes:

> > > Again, I can't reproduce that bug, but I suspect that your
> > > emacs fails to create a fontset for XIC (XInputContext).
> > > As I've just installed some workaround for such a case,
> > > please try again with the latest code.
>
> > I have done this, but the problem is still the same.
>
> > So I Run emacs under gdb again, the following is the debuging results:

> > address@hidden:~/cvs-svn/emacs$ cd src/
> > address@hidden:~/cvs-svn/emacs/src$ gdb emacs
> > GNU gdb 6.4.90-debian
> > Copyright (C) 2006 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
> > GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are
> > welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> > conditions.
> > Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> > There is absolutely no warranty for GDB.  Type "show warranty" for details.
> > This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...Using host libthread_db
> > library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".
>
> > DISPLAY = :0.0
> > TERM = xterm
> > Breakpoint 1 at 0x81035b6: file emacs.c, line 464.
> > Breakpoint 2 at 0x811c3c6: file sysdep.c, line 1385.
> > (gdb) run --enable-font-backend
>
> No, no, the workaround I installed is against the problem of
> activating SCIM input method.  So, please run Emacs as this
>
> % emacs --enable-font-backend -fn "Dejavu Sans Mono-14"
>
> and check if C-SPC activates SCIM.

I run emacs as the following:

% emacs --enable-font-backend -fn "Dejavu Sans Mono-14"

Though the emacs won't crash, but I can't activete the SCIM still, when
I stroke C-SPC first, the emacs's minibuffer say: Mark set; the second time,
it will say: Mark activated.

Best,
Hongsheng.

¸Ï¿ì×¢²áÑÅ»¢³¬´óÈÝÁ¿Ãâ·ÑÓÊÏä?