RE: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: feature request: indicator of minibuffer-recursion depth
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:25:44 -0800

> From: Kim F. Storm Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 1:33 AM
> For those who need this before 23.x, maybe someone would add it to
> the EmacsWiki.  Here is the latest version (AFAIK):
>
> ;;; mb-depth.el --- Indicate minibuffer-depth in prompt

Mathias uploaded this to the Wiki last July.

When this is eventually added to a release, I would like to see these two
things be user-configurable, not hard-coded:

- the depth-indicator format (currently hard-coded "[%d]")
- the depth-indicator face (currently hard-coded `highlight')

For my own use, I've defined a face and a format-string user option for
this. I use "%d) ", instead of "[%d]", for the default value of the format,
and I use `default' for the default value of the face (inheritance).