Re: Pretest

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Pretest
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 22:04:38 +0000

David Kastrup wrote:
Jason Rumney <address@hidden> writes:

Because most programs that launch an editor as a subprocess need to
know when editing has finished.

So the "most important use case" according to you is basically a
command line call, not a GUI call.

I'm not sure where this distinction between "GUI calls" and "command line calls" comes from. I'm talking about ANY program that wants to use an external editor here. They either require emacsclient to wait until editing is done, or they don't care. So it worries me that the focus is on the --no-wait case for this, since that is already handled, and isn't a lot of use except for command-line use where the user wants their interactive shell back immediately.