Re: Patch: Syntax and Hard Newlines

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Patch: Syntax and Hard Newlines
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 09:03:36 +0100

> Having read your new definition of `longlines-wrap-region',
> how about making the value of the `display' property more
> sophisticated?  I see in the ``Other Display Specs'' section
> in the elisp manual that display specifications can be
> conditional.  How about letting it take care of fill-column
> and window width?

That's been the idea behind my proposal.  In addition, the display
property could accommodate leading spaces to align continuation lines
with the original line and highlight such spaces in a different face.
However, if Kim plans to incorporate a longlines-like feature in the
redisplay engine we really shouldn't bother.