Re: Bug in incremental undrawing of mouseover highlighting

From: Bob Rogers
Subject: Re: Bug in incremental undrawing of mouseover highlighting
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 23:06:27 -0500

   From: Chong Yidong <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:22:47 -0500

   Bob Rogers <address@hidden> writes:

   >    It seems that mouseover background highlighting is not undrawn if
   > replaced by the same unhighlighted text.  This happens in the CVS
   > version as of late on 11-Nov.

   The problem occurs because note_mouse_highlight checks only the window
   and glyph positions to see if it needs to maintain the mouse
   highlight . . .

   As far as I can tell, the simplest fix is to tell set_window_buffer to
   reset the mouse face if the mouse face used to be associated with that
   window.  The patch below implements this.

It works for me; thanks!

   From: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 22:36:22 +0200

   Are these #ifdef's really right?  The mouse highlight is supported not
   only in builds that define HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM.

How would I test this?  Mouse highlighting doesn't seem to work in
either xterm or the KDE "Konsole" (with the "-nw" switch, of course).
Or would I have to disable HAVE_WINDOW_SYSTEM first?

                                        -- Bob